Sunday, June 01, 2008

ADIDAS SUNDOWN MARATHON- 42km (Impossible is Nothing)

I will say this is the first and last marathon of my life. IT IS TOO TOUGH!!! but i still proud of myself and my friends that WE COMPLETED IT for the first time!!!

I spent 20 mins to reach this first water station at 3.8km then wait for jason they all to come and we jog again. The feeling was good when I actually have the strength and stamina to overtake most of the people until i reach 18km at East Coast Park, i started to walk. That time, my legs dun really feel tired but my gastric is very serious, i feel like vomit all the while. I dunno am i doing the right thing or not, bcoz of this gastric problem, I stop myself drinking water. The whole race, i only drank 5 small cups of water, one power gel and one banana.

Soon, I saw the 1st bridge (total got 4 brigdes), I pull out all my strength and ran up to the brigde. Yes! the feeling is good! coz i see many ppl dragging themselves up. and i am proud of myself again!! the 1st 22km was alone until after the 2nd bridge, i saw my DD!!! so happy to see him!!! he waited for me for an hour. Then we start to slow down coz my legs is really swollen and my gastric is getting worse..

The non- stop walking is not as simple as u think. i always thought it is like shopping for 10hrs and it is nothing, but IT IS NOT!! no matter how hard and how tired i was, the next direction board showed that i have completed 2 km ONLY!!! This really dismotivate me alot! The thinking of giving up keep popping out! i think without dd, i sure will take cab back to the finishing point. Thanks for his encouragement and support!! love ya! =)

This sundown marathon start at 12am. i thought i would properly fall asleep during the race, but i was so tired and my legs were sore.. this feeling kept me awake! about 32km like that, it started to rain... although it is kind of cold, but my legs feel better when they soup in the water. Mind of determination is the real test for this marathon. the whole race, i think i have been thinking more than 10 times to give up!

Whatever is it, I have COMPLETED AT 7hours and 50 mins with my dearest! Congratulation that i still alive!

I NEED A GOOD MASSAGE!
...........................................................................................................

After collected my prize, I went home and rest. Can't belive that i was sitting on a plastic chair when i was bathing. my legs are so weak that i will fall anytime. after the quick shower, i dried my hair and slept about 2 hrs. The hunger woke me up! but i was too tired to eat so i went back to sleep again until 1pm dd's parent bought me noodle. after the brunch then i go back to sleep again till 6.30pm. my toes are bruised coz my shoes was too tight, i am so worry that it might drop out anytime.. my legs are still painful, but i can walk faster now. thank for the marathon, my tummy is gone! but i believe that it will come back again few days later. haha! =)

I will keep this in my mind, ''the first and last marathon!'' anw, it is a good experience, a good challenge, and i need a good rest!

p/s: so sorry for dragging u down, otherwise, u can complete in 5hrs. thank u for staying beside me!